R&E Automated is an internationally recognized leader in the automation, engineering and prototype build industries servicing over 500 customers worldwide. Our team offers the most comprehensive services to the automation community with efficiency and precision.
The R&E Controls Field Service Group approach is a collaboration of efforts and direction, smart solutions, clear explanations, on-time focus and knowledge transfer. We offer 24/7 coverage 365 days a year, including assistance with vehicle scheduling, network configuration and diagnostics, and on-site training.
We provide developer expertise and can support a multitude of hardware and software platforms, including Siemens Classic and TIA Portal, Allen Bradley Legacy through RS Studio, GE Cimplicity, Mitsubishi, Wonderware, Omron, Modicon, Pilz, Red Lion, EPLAN and AutoCAD.
R&E Controls Field Service Group services range from design and commissioning to debugging, as well as production support, and offer our functional experience with PLC programming, structured text, sequential function charts, ladder logic, software safety, motion control, HMI and SCADA, vision inspection, PC based control, line tracking and FIS systems.
The Robot Group at R&E includes robotic/mechatronic engineers, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers and mechatronic engineering technicians. We are well experienced with robot setup, programming and commissioning for many different applications and customer standards including ROBOGUIDE, RobotStudio, and KUKA WorkVisual, KUKA SafeOperation, Fanuc DCS, ABB SafeMove, and Kawasaki Cubic-S.
We offer project support all the way from the beginning integration and build stage to the final installation and launch stage. This also includes supporting every aspect in between, such as line optimization, offline programming, auto debugging, cycle time reduction and production support. Robotic applications supported include spot welding, sealing, dispensing, stud welding, MIG welding, laser welding/brazing, riveting, flow drills, clinch guns, all associated material handling pedestal applications and robot guided vision.
The R&E Robot Group is a very well diversified group with experience programming all brands of industrial robots, including Kawasaki, Fanuc, ABB, Nachi, KUKA, Yaskawa Motoman or Comau. We service a range of customers including but not limited to automotive, industrial, defense, aerospace, food, entertainment, medical and consumer products.
The R&E Joining Group is composed of welding engineers, weld techs and joining engineers and techs, have expertise in a wide range of technologies and applications. We have experts in all main lines of joining technologies such as resistance spot welding, self-piercing riveting (SPR), clinching, gluing, TIG and MIG gas metal arc welding (GMAW), adhesive bonding.
We can provide technical support at every and all stages of your project, from the design phase, sizing and selecting equipment, initial configuration, commissioning, set up, launch and production support, same as troubleshooting. We have joining engineers working directly for our customer’s organization, representing them in projects and coordinating suppliers. R&E has others leading the entire project from the design phase to production support in turn-key projects representing the integrator. We have some coming in to help troubleshoot and fix welding problems and improving quality and reducing cycle time, some with great expertise in expulsion reduction (flash free) among many other applications.
Support and Maintenance
The R&E Plant Maintenance and Support Group supports a wide range of customers from many different industries with the central focus of maintaining production readiness and increased throughput, while maintaining safety protocols as outlined by OSHA and MIOSHA. From automobile manufacturers to food service and home goods producers, we keep production lines up and running.
We are comprised of a wide range of skilled men and women who are dedicated to keeping machinery running efficiently and effectively. We offer comprehensive plant maintenance and production support and are able to provide what is needed, from lubrication to fabrication. Our skills vary from person to person and site to site. We are welders, pipe fitters, tool builders, electricians, robot and PLC technicians, manufacturing engineers and program managers. We are multi-craft and multi-trade, but singularly focused on meeting the needs of our customers.
R&E Automated offers complete automation solutions, including the following:
- Project Management—consulting, planning and execution
- Equipment Design—concept, simulation, mechanical and electrical
- Controls Systems Design—hardware, software and safety
- Fabrication—machining, assembly and panel build
- Programming—PLC, Motion, Robot OLPs and operator interface
- Factory Start Up—software, HMIs, cycle time and operational improvement
- Supplemental Staffing—supporting all disciplines of automation
R&E provides diverse hardware and software designs for Body and Assembly, Material Handling, Pharmaceutical, and other applications using legacy and new technology. We have designed systems integrating multiple robot platforms, data tracking, machine diagnostics, motion control, pneumatics, and plant networking. We are experienced in the following:
- Hardware Design—AutoCAD, E-AutoCAD and E-Plan
- Human Machine Interface—Allen Bradley, Siemens, Omron and others
- Networks—Ethernet, DeviceNet, ControlNet, Profibus, Profinet and RIO/DH+/RS-232
- Software Design—Allen Bradley, Siemens, Mitsubishi, Omron, Telemecanique, GE Fanuc and Modicon
End of the Line
R&E Automated is your go-to-team for End of the Line Testing, Rapid Prototyping, Custom Panel Building, Custom Cable Fabrication and Design, and Solutions including R&D. Our team covers all aspects of the solution including mechanical, electrical and software, so you can have a one-stop shop for all of your needs, including the following:
- 3D Printing
- Wiring Harnesses
- Electrical/Mechanical Assemblies
- Control Panel Design and Build
- Automation Design and Build
- Custom Solutions
R&E offers a variety of inspection technologies to meet client needs, including the following:
- Poli Globo Dual Arm
- PCDMIS Software
- 8m x 3m x 3m capacity
- Part/Assembly/Full BIW Sampling
- Fixture/Die sampling • Offline Programming
- Faro Edge and Scan Arm ES
- 3.7 Meter Measurement Range
- Touch Probe, Laser Scanner
- Small Part Inspection
- Hexagon WLS400M
- Full Surface Fixture/Die/Part sampling with Color Map Reports
- Reverse Engineering
- Small to Large Part Inspection
- Onsite Services
- Faro Vantage
- Faro Ion
- Spatial Analyzer Software
- Machine Leveling
- Tool Certification
- Onsite Laser Tracker Services
Process and Design
R&E Automated can support a complete process from the smallest S/A to the largest, full body shop solutions. We have experience in all areas of design throughout a body shop as well as non-automotive applications, and support all levels of system layout from small additions and modifications to existing systems to full, complete system level layouts including all BOM and installation drawings.
- ProcessComplete system process, manpower reductions, system optimization and up speed process analysis
- DesignCatia, Fides, NX, Autocad 2 and 3D, Solidworks and Inventor
- System LayoutAutoCAD and FactoryCAD
Simulation and Virtual Commissioning
R&E’s Simulation Group starts from process and reach studies, through cycle time validation and optimization. Simulations are complete through full OLPs, ready to upload. We provide a seamless transfer of virtual automation to real-world plants.
- SimulationProcess Simulate, RobCAD, Virtual Commissioning, Throughput Analysis and Cycle Times.
- Virtual CommissioningStandardize simulations, reduce time to commission on site, test and debug in a virtual environment, better PLC programs and HMI code, optimize performance, validate automation, training for operators and quicker time to production.
R&E’s training department provides high-quality courses, helping our clients have a greater understanding of the technology that moves their companies forward. Course offerings include:
- PLC Programming (Siemens and Rockwell)
- Laser Welding (RLSK) and Brazing
- Robot Programming (most major brands)
- Ultrasonic (NDT) and RSWA Inspection Training
- Automation Mentorship Program (AMP)
- Class delivery in our lab or your facility
- Technical writers on staff
- Self-paced internal employee training
- Customized course development
WELDING/JOINING LAB SERVICES
R&E Engineering Services is a full-service resistance and arc welding laboratory with integrated material preparation, metallographic, non-destructive evaluation, and material property capabilities. The lab is also well-versed in industry standard weldability testing as specified in AWS, JIS, SEP and ISO standards.
- Material weldability testing
- Arc and resistance weld schedule development and testing
- Computerized mechanical testing
- Complete metallographic capabilities
- Procurement of low strength to ultra-high strength steel and aluminum coupons
- Radiographic and ultrasonic non-destructive testing
- Material characterization evaluations of low strength to ultra-high strength steels such as HSLA, DP, CP, TRIP, Martensitic, PHS (Boron), and Gen3
- Stainless steel, aluminum, and other ferrous and nonferrous materials can also be evaluated
- Production or professional quality weld cross-sections
- Weld size measurements
- Microhardness testing
WELD ENGINEERING AND VERIFICATION
R&E weld engineers perform engineering evaluations and analyses. Our engineers thoroughly perform material evaluations, design reviews, operations support, safety analysis, engineering methods and software development. We also analyze our customers’ procedures and systems for quality control. Our capabilities include the following:
Weld Engineering Capabilities
- Gas Metal Arc Welding—Process and quality improvements, production support, Lincoln, Miller, SKS, Fronius
- CWIs—Combat vehicle codes and military standards, experience with all national standards
- Resistance Spot Welding—Process and quality improvements, throughput, expulsion reduction, design support, production support, Bosch, Medar, WTC and Matuschek
- Metallographic Prototype or Production Verification—4 complete examination stations available with a trained technician. Available for off-site support if required.
- Non-Destructive—Tessonics Resistance Spot Weld Analyzers with trained operators. Available for off-site support if required.
- Physical Destruct—Capable of complete BIW destructs with detailed reporting.
R&E AutomatedPhone: 586-228-1900
Emergency support: 586-604-5408
70701 Powell Road
Romeo, MI 48065
Port Huron, Michigan Office
2555 20th Street
Port Huron, MI 48060
Taylor, Michigan Office
25911 Northline Commerce Drive
Taylor, MI 48180
Duncan, South Carolina Office
175 Spartangreen Blvd
Duncan, SC 29334
Remote service centers are located in Mexico.
Contact UsContact us today to learn how our Field Services Team can assist with your next project.
Field Service Manager